The first recorded Communication of ACME Lodge Under Dispensation was held November 26,1912, in the Darby Building located on the northeast corner of 1st. Street and Harrison Avenue (Today the site ofthe La Royale Lounge). The fees established were Entered Apprentice $20.00, Fellow Craft $$15.00, Master Mason $15.00 and Annual Dues $3.00, a total of$53.00. Regular Meeting nights were set for the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month, a tradition still followed. The Lodge met at various sites over the years: Starting December 27, 1912 at Woodman Hall on the City Dock. On March 25,1913 the location was moved to Order of the Owls Hall located near the Dock. On August 14, 1913 Acme moved to a two story building on the northeast corner of 4th Street and West Beach Drive. The next meeting site starting on May 13, 1926 was the Woman's Club located on W. Beach Drive (Now the Elks Club). Starting on March 22, 1927 the meetings were at Folkes Electric Co located at 563 Harrison Avenue. Acme moved into the present location at 230 McKenzie Avenue on July 27,1948. The land was donated by Mrs. Sally Gainer Davis with the condition that the new building was to be in Memory and Memorial to her late husband Brother David Devoe Davis.
The Lodge operated Under Dispensation with a Warrant from the Grand Lodge of Florida until January 21, 1914 when the Charter was issued. The Lodge was Constituted on February 24,1914 with Brother Joel R. Wells as Worshipful Master.
Membership in December 1914 was 31 and was as high as 521 in 1960. In the early 80's and again in 2001 some major renovation, painting and improvements were accomplished with the help of donations from membership.
Acme Lodge laid the cornerstones for at least four landmarks in Bay County; Panama City High School on December 4, 1914; the Bay County Court House on December 22,1914: Acme Masonic Temple on March 17, 1948 and the Panama City Library on October 14, 1966.
Acme Lodge was instrumental in Organizing Panama Chapter No.1 02, Order of the Eastern Star, Chartered April 11, 1918; Scotty Hutton Chapter, Order of the DeMolay, Chartered April 8, 1948; Panama Assembly No. 18, Order of the Rainbow for Girls, Chartered May 10, 1948; and Order of the Amaranth, Chartered June 17, 1957.
Acme Lodge has fulfilled its obligation to Freemasonry thru the years and our Lodge has many members whom have attained many Honors in Masonry.